Saturday, January 10, 2009

from A to B and back again



It's been a long time since I've run the ol' one-gear setup, but the mud is deep enough right now that trying to run gears just didn't make any sense. So I stopped by Tommy's Bike Shop while I was in Seattle and as always there was plenty of stock on hand and I picked up with this nice single speed wheel and did a quick conversion. Tommy's has recently expanded and there's a whole new showroom. Go check it out if you get the chance..

While I was home I also found this cheap fender lying on the street downtown, complete with mounting hardware and everything. It's totally hokey and I'd never actually pay for one, but it actually works surprisingly well and I get some strange satisfaction from the fact that while I'm now happily shredding along mud-free there's quite likely some Seattle bike cop riding around wondering how the hell they didn't notice their entire fender fall off.