Friday, April 11, 2008

The person who doesn't scatter the morning dew will not comb grey hairs

The second of the quarter's ten weeks is already nearly finished. 20% sounds substantial, but it's nothing. It's like saying traveling from Seattle to NYC is 10 hours, where 2 of it is the travel time to and from the airport, or layover time between flights. The Real travel time is when you're just sitting on your ass, unmoving in the damn airplane.

I haven't even gotten to the gate yet..


But the repetion and routine of school are already starting to get to me, even if the educational material is enlightening. I haven't yet quite figured out how to fit things like daydreaming into my schedule in any sort of cathartic or satisfactory way. During the quarter all of my actions and thoughts inadvertantly become methodical for the sake of maximizing efficiency, and as a result, all of the random possibilities, all the curious things that make our days interesting, often go unnoticed. (and unphotographed)


But that's nothing to complain about. Growing up is learning that you've got to live with more compromises that you'd ever thought you could accept. Being fucking alive is finding the ways in between all that shit to still be random, stoked, humored, intrigued infatuated, innocent and young. Here's to the ever evolving search.





















I don't have any classes in this last room, I just like that it's the only room on campus that I know of that has a huge photograph on the wall. Doesn't it make you want to pretend..?

















ps. I'm going to shoot someone, either blogger.com or myself, if I can't figure out how to get the formatting right.. All the photos are cattywompus and the text is fucking anywhere but where I try to put it.. whatever.