Saturday, March 15, 2008

spring torrents




Went for my second real 'ride' since 2007. Or as George helped define it, a ride where I actually put on riding shoes to do. 2 times in the last week I've ditched out of studying, and headed up the hills around town and down into the backroads behind them. Along these roads I've found the beauty of this part of the northwest revealed to me. I've been reminded about that way we're all so enamored by the smooth speed and power we can translate between the bike, the road and ourselves. I've been reminded of the exhiliration of speed. Of the towering joy that follows enduring pain while pushing your body to its limits. A feeling of getting it all out.
I have truely rediscovered the love for riding that I had lost.

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."
-H.G. Wells

thanks for the email craig.